Tuesday 4 September 2012

CASology9 - FAMILY


On the day I started to think about making my card for this week's CASology Cue Card:


it also occurred to me that I'm falling behind in my goal to stay on top of my Church Christmas cards. My goal is to make 10 cards (of one design) each month this year, so that I won't be making 150 of them in December, like I did last year. I have about 50 of them finished, but I should be at 80 by now.

So I'm taking a slightly different view of the cue card in order to catch up. But that's the whole point of the cue cards - to interpret them your own way!

The image is from Inkadinkado and the sentiment is from Papertrey. I stamped in Versafine Onyx and embossed with clear embossing powder because I wanted it to look like the leading in stained glass. I used an oval nestability sponged in Soft Sky to emphasize the focal point and popped it up on dimensionals on a white card base, to keep the overall look very white and clean.

So, what does family mean to you? Make a card and show us!

But don't forget to pop by and see what the other members of the Design Team have made:


15 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful Christmas card Ardyth. Love that you inked your border on the die cut, it creates CAS perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous CAS card. I need to get on my Christmas cards...and was just thinking of setting a goal for myself...love that you think the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The inking really finishes ti off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful, Ardyth, and practical, too! I love the way you've depicted the Bible's holy family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a clever take on the challenge. A beautiful card. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering if anyone was going to do this theme! :) This is beautiful...always love white on white!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful interpretation of the cue word, ardyth! love how you embossed the image... it does look just like stained glass!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the stained glass look and your gorgeous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Ardyth. Your embossed image looks wonderful. Great start to your Christmas cards. I think I have made 16 now so I feel a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! The image really does look like stained glass. Awesome colors and great take on "family". Love the blue inked edges. Your stamping is perfectly once again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great take on the family team ... indeed, they are quite a family! Love your white on white idea for a Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the stamp you chose to use for family! Beautiful card Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful reminder of family, Ardyth. And clear embossing was a great way to give the appearance of the leading around stained glass.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ardyth, I was so happy to see you choose a Nativity scene for the cue word "family" because (at least in my belief system) they exemplify the perfect, holy family. Great clean and simple card...I hope you have been able to catch up in your church cards!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.