Sunday 18 October 2015

MCV24 - Sending Holiday Cheer


Here is my card for this week's MCV Challenge, where Chriss has given us a card with this frosty winter scene:



I don't always CASE the Muse cards this closely, but I knew I had just the right Paper Smooches supplies (I've been looking at them A LOT lately, as October Guest Designer!).

My friend Emily made the sweetest card with this snowman die last year - it's what prompted me to buy it. I found it a little fussy to inlay the eyes, nose and mouth, but it turned out so cute that I think it was worth putting on my new, old-lady 'see-up-close' glasses! lol!

I focused on Chriss'
-basic layout - blue sky over snowy hills
-snowman element
-tree
-holly

The tree and snowflakes are from Gently Seasoned, stamped in Stampin Up Soft Suede and WPlus9 Fairy Dust, respectively. The Snowman, his scarf and the holly all come from Snowman Dies.  The sentiment is from Holiday Cheer.

I used an MFT Stitched Snowdrift die and sponged Tumbled Glass on the bottom of the 'sky' (just like Emily did!).

Also linking up at Paper Smooches Sparks: Anything Goes.

15 comments:

  1. Love this tree on it !
    Great card !
    Ineke X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This little snow guy is a cutie and well worth the fussing to inlay the little bits! LOVE your tree selection! Thanks for making this happy card!
    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card completely blows me away. I am amazed and at how perfect the snow line is And the soft sponging is beautiful. Maybe that is my next lesson from you how to sponge softly now that you have taught me how to cha cha and use my MISTI!! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! Love the softly sponged background. It really makes the snowman stand out. Thanks for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really great winter scene and love the cute snowman and can see why you would need your glasses!funny but the children in my nursery class when I go to read a story they alwaysso seriously ask me "do you need your old lady glasses??" And offer to get them ....a reminder to watch what you say to your job share partner !!! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. HaHA I have some of those glasses too!! This is adorable and with the extra effort!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute winter snowman card, Ardyth! Like your design. As Emily does, I just glue a black circle behind the head to create the eyes and mouth. Much easier than inlaying the tiny pieces, however, they look very good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love that super cute little snowman, Ardyth and the tree is just as darling!!! The soft blue bg with the snowflakes is beautiful!!! What a lovely card!!!!!
    Have a great Monday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that darling snowman and wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - your shading is flawless, soft and so pretty! Love the tree and the sweet snow prtdon!

    Three cheers for "old lady glasses"! You do know that in time you will need two pairs on at once!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I call them reading glasses, not old lady glasses, and still I don't like them! :D But they are helpful for those fussy little details. This is such a sweet scene! Love that snowman and your lightly sponged sky.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet and so adorable, Ardyth ... especially through my see-up-close glasses!! Hugs & bisous, mon amie, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is perfectly done! Love all your work! So neat and crisp - but plenty of visual interest. Bravo! :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.