Friday 17 February 2012

CASE Study #78





You know that square cards are my favouite, so I got right to it:

Last week, my card for this challenge went so far away from the original, I think most people didn't recognize it at all (but I still like it!) So this week, I tried harder to stay true to the original, but still true to my own style. I used soft aqua dots to represent the scalloped layers in the original, dimensional flowers in a similar colour palette, enamel accents for the dot border and the flower centres and a black script-y sentiment.

I doubled up on the flowers, using Stampin' Up's designer papers, to ensure that there was lots of dimension (although hopefully the card can still be mailed!) What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Smooches (friend), Papertrey Ink (solid circle for background)
Paper: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Stampin' Up brights designer paper
Ink: Soft Sky, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Martha Stewart flower punches, Ranger enamel accents, diamond stickles

1 comment:

  1. What a cheerful card, love these flowers! Thank you for joining us at CASE Study this week!!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.