Sunday 12 February 2012

FS#262 - Flying 101

It's Sunday, and another amazing gallery to look through for inspiration. Once again, I couldn't settle on one, so without further ado, here are four cards inspired by Flying 101.

The first two are Christmas cards. This one is clean and simple. Here's the inspiration:


And here's mine. I love using Christmas cards as inspiration - they're helping me to build up my Christmas inventory!


Here's the second inspiration, this time in one of my favourite Christmas colour combinations - greeny blue with a splash of red:



Here's my take:


Because I used a square card, there wasn't much red on either side of the central image, so I just 'added' the red bar to my stamped wreath.

The third inspiration I thought would be pretty for a "Thinking of You" card,



which I need, as my friend's husband is having neurosurgery as I type this (and I'm praying that I won't need a more serious card than this). Here's mine (although looking at it now, I'm thinking I may cut it down to my more 'normal-for-me' square):



And finally, a pretty pink and brown floral. Here's the inspiration:


And here's mine:


Maybe you can tell - I think that Featured Stamper is my favourite challenge. It exposes me to other people's styles and ideas and allows me to apply my own style and favourite techniques.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
"Merry, Merry, Merry"
Stamps: Annabelle stamps (tree), PaperTrey (Merry, Merry, Merry)
Paper: Marina Mist, Gina K Pure Luxury 120 lb
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: White EP, Diamond Stickles

"Peace on Earth"

Stamps: Artful Stamper (wreath), ? (Peace on Earth)
Paper: Whisper White, Brocade Blue
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Stardust Stickles


"Thinking of You"

Stamps: ? (Flower), Papertrey Ink (Thinking of you)
Paper: Whisper White, Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Gina K Pure Luxury 120 lb
Ink: Memento Tuxedo black
Accessories: Copic Markers


"Pink flowers"

Stamps: Sunshine Designs/Stamp Barn  (Flowers), Papertrey (small dot)
Paper: Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Early Espresso
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: Copic marker, Diamond Stickles




1 comment:

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.