Tuesday 21 February 2012

Horse-y Cards, Day 1

My sister, a horse surgeon at Wisconsin Equine Clinic, asked me to make a set of horse-y cards for a friend of hers. I have quite a number of horse stamps and horse-y sentiments, but mostly I've used them to make sympathy cards for my sister to send to clients if a horse dies.

It was fun to try to think of more cheerful cards to make with these stamps, and I tried to use brighter colours than I normally do.

Here are the first four I made:






I think the last one is my favourite. I used distress inks direct to paper to create the horizon, then stamped the horses in Versafine Onyx. I love how it looks like the horses are dancing on a summer day!

Unfortunately, I don't remember where the stamps for the first and fourth card come from. I've had them for ages, they're unmounted and therefore don't have a name on them. I have to get better at tracking the manufacturers so I can share with you. I'll see if I can find them again - if you know, please leave me a comment!

The stamp on the second card is from Deadbeat Designs - they've got lots of great horse and Texas-themed stamps. I love the abstract feeling of it.

The stamp for the third one is from a clear set from Inkadinkado.

Thanks for stopping by today!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting these! and also from letting me know where to find some new horse images... your direct to paper ink technique is striking. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards. I absolutely love the first card. The clean, graphic lines of the image (very Greek looking) and spots of colours - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.