Tuesday 1 May 2012

And We're Back!

Still struggling with my Nikon, but I think I managed to get a decent shot of this card with my phone. This card is my entry for the weekly "Greeting Card" challenge at the Outlawz blog. This is a new blog to me, but so far it appears to be a very enthusiastic community of stampers. There's a challenge every day, including CAS every Sunday.

This week's GC challenge is to make a Mother's Day card. I've actually made a couple of these recently. I find mother's day cards to be somewhat challenging - it seems like most Mother-y stamps are all flowy and scripty. What about us cool, sleek moms? I hope someone who makes stamps is listening to my little rant! LOL!

The first one is a new stamp from Ditto, Sally's Alphabet from LawnFawn. Again, I used Lisa Lara's trick of stamping in black Versafine and then embossing in clear. This is one of the best tips ever. Not only does it mean that you don't get black powder all over the place, but it means that the ink is dry immediately (I am forever smudging my Versafine stamping due to my impatience!) and also it stays dark, dark black, with a little shine and texture.




The second one uses no stamps - just die cuts from Memory Box (flower) and My Favourite Things (letters)



Neither of these is the card I'm going to send to my mom, who faithfully reads my blog each day - I'll post that one on Mother's day.

2 comments:

  1. Love the shine on the second card but I really love the first one! Using just the bling to colour the flowers is awesome! And I'm a big fan of embossing with VersaFine too - so much cleaner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to come over to your blog to tell you how much I love your card; gorgeous! Both of your cards are lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.