Wednesday 23 May 2012

OLW 89 - A Sweet Suite

Today's one-layer-Wednesday challenge is to make a card with something sweet. I thought watermelon and then went a little nuts! lol!



I cut a large circle with one of my Grand Caliburs (this is about 5 1/4 inches in diameter, so it will fit into a regular envelope). Sponged with distress inks, Stamps of Life 'seed' and sentiment


I used an even bigger circle, folded it in half and then cut to make this juicy piece.



Then I masked onto a white cardbase and while looking for a 'sweet' sentiment, came across this alphabet:




 (Lots of Dots by My Stamp Box) and decided to half-stamp in each colour - I like the effect!

I think I'm done now!


14 comments:

  1. Wow - busy day. My favourite is the last one, love the 2 colour idea. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! These are so clever and bright and happy and summery. And here's me thinking I don't have any "sweet" stamps; what will I do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ardyth, These are adorable! You are so clever. I love the half and quarter watermelons with the awesome shading. Very sweet! LOL. Thanks for playing the OLW challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh these are all adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your cute cards earlier on SCS and had to come check out your blog. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ardyth! You went nuts in a good way! WOW. You are so clever! I love the half circle folded in half. Your sponging is beautiful. What amazing OLWs. I have such a hard time making one layer cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're on a roll! I really like the water melon idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ardyth, you have done a FABULOUS job with all of these!!! I LOVE that first watermelon! Well actually, I love all of them!!! Your inking looks awesome!!! I would have loved to have been there to watch the process!! Awesome cards for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how every challenge send you off on a tear! :) These are fab.ulous and I especially love the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to ROCK OUT the OLW challenge! This would make fabulous party invites -- but then again, you have to have a party huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope everyone has the sense to click on the links in these challenges so they can enjoy crafters like you who delight us with more than one card (unlike me)! Your cards are shut-up-adorable! You'd have to really hate watermelon not to want to rush off to the store right now! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I'm speechless! Those are all amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.