Monday 14 May 2012

Retrosketch #11



Here's this week's sketch:
 

I sometimes wonder, when I "Ardyth-ize" these sketches, if the hosts think my card doesn't match the spirit of the sketch at all. Especially the ones with ribbons and bows - I amost NEVER use ribbon, lol!

I honestly appreciate all the hard work that the challenge hosts go to and I try to be true to the sketch, but it has to feel right to me as well. This card actually came from a scrap on my desk. I had cut out the turquoise butterfly to use somewhere else (didn't work), and decided to use the negative to make this card. I used turquoise Stickles on 3 rows of polka dots near the bottom of the card as my 'ribbon'. This would be a great card to whip up as a gift set, in different colours and with different sentiments - even different die cuts!



3 comments:

  1. I love this card. Turquoise is one of my favourite colours and to use the "negative" cut out onto white card is fab! I don't use ribbons much either and I think your rows of glitter dots work really well as an alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your border and the sentiment stamped inside your butterfly Ardyth. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how the hosts feel, but for me, one of the biggest reasons I keep coming back for more is how you Ardyth-ize the challenges. I am seriously deficient in the ability to look at a challenge and make it my own and in awe at how wonderfully well you do it.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.