Friday 14 September 2012

Up on the Rooftops


This was the first card I made for this week's CASology Cue Card - SKY.

Although I like it very much, it really isn't very CAS, so in the end I went with my lightning idea. But as you can see, I've been doing quite a bit of sponging lately. Very messy and lots of ink under the fingernails!

For this card, I masked the moon and then I used Stampin' Up inks, ranging from Soft Sky to Baja Breeze to Marina Mist to Not Quite Navy to Night of Navy to create the night sky. To keep the emphasis on the sky, I only used the rooftops of the My Stamp Box houses. When I sponge, I usually use those little finger tip sponge daubers. The only thing is that you need to be careful not to get the actual shape of the sponge dauber. I have a set of about 24 of the daubers and try to keep them for a single (or two) colour, so that I can use them over and over.

This little Santa stamp has absolutely no markings on it, but it came with a wood-mounted set that included a snowglobe, a snow man, a snow dog, a snow cat and possibly some others. I know it probably bought it in 2006, back when I first started stamping, but I'm pretty sure it's never seen ink until now!

There's still time to play along with CASology - I always love seeing all the different creations you come up with! The deadline is Sunday at noon (CST).


16 comments:

  1. Haha! So cute! I love this card, Ardyth! It still looks CAS to me (although the process is not so clean). ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Card! I love your inking. TFS AJ-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, love it! I like how you've got the aura around the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Santa didn't even occur to me for this challenge and I've been busily cranking out Christmas cards - wonderful idea!!! (I also thought your lightning bolt was amazingly creative!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, this is absolutely amazing, Ardyth! stunning sky, cute little rooftops and that Santa stamp is fabulous, good thing you spotted it back in 2006! thanks for popping by my blog ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've masked and sponged this like a professional! It fantastic how you have only the rooftops of the houses on the bottom!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what an awesome card...its so striking to see the silhouette against the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this -- beautiful sponged sky, and such classic silhouette images. I think the end result is CAS, even if the process isn't! :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great sponging on your sky - love Santa flying across the bright moon and the pretty housescape below!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card. You are a amazing artist.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your night sky. Gorgeous Christmas card. x

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.