Tuesday 5 May 2015

CASology 145 - Shape


This week's CASology Cue Card is Shape!



Oh, my there are a lot of ways to interpret this Cue Card! I actually made this card by 'accident'.

I actually made it on purpose, but didn't realize until I looked at the photo of it that I had used so many shapes - square (the card), rectangle (the panel), circle (balloons), triangle (balloon tie up thingies). I cased this card from last week's challenge, by Mary Brown (aka Stampercamper).

So what makes this CAS? I used a white card base with nothing on it but my Papertrey sentiment. I didn't add any embellishments. The edges are clean with no distressing.

I love the look of the layered inks and the definition the tiny black strip gives. I used a Simon Says Stamp circle, a Clear and Simple Stamps triangle,  and the 'strings' are from a Simon Says Stamp sentiment set.

Now it's your turn to get in shape (just kidding, I love you just the way you are!)

Check out the rest of the DT for some more inspiration:

14 comments:

  1. Wonderfully crisp and clean, LOVELY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shapely card! ;) Love that single, bold black line...it really finishes off the design nicely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can always count on you to make my brain go "ahhhh...." Your gorgeous CAS designs are always so relaxing and mind-pleasing! Absolutely love this one. Perfect birthday card. Love the colors the colors have made too. Just a wonderful card, and I miss you!! Hope to be more in the swing next week for a bit. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your overlapping balloons are so rich and perfectly stamped. They look wonderful against the white background. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way the balloons overlap. What a beautiful CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've 'shaped up' one heck of an awesome card! Honestly, at first glance I saw only the balloons....then I read your post!

    I really, REALLY like how the sentiment 'ties' in with the images (as in balloon strings!) even though it is one panel away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Mary's card too and this is an awesome CASE! And I'm so glad I finally know the name of those bits on the bottom of a balloon - "balloon tie up thingies"! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Ardyth! That thin strip of black on your order adds so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful card, and I do learn so much when you talk about your design process and your thinking. I am most impressed with the way you did your balloon strings. I am sure you thought all about where each curlicue belonged, and they look just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it when you explain how your cards come to be, Ardyth ... there are always those aaah moments when I realise just why they're so stunning ... like this one! Simply splendid, my friend! Bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Ardyth, what a great card...so many shapes in one design! Love the balloon strings...and that black edge is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A card with several shapes but the crown is the classy black strip.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Festive card...love those bright and beautiful balloons.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.