Thursday 6 October 2016

Muse 186 - Hello Friend


This is my card for this week's Muse Challenge, where Anita gave us this neutral but oh, so pretty inspiration:



I was also inspired by Keeway's tantalizing sneak peek of a new N&T die.

I focused on Anita's:
-general layout (although I moved the sentiment)
-autumn theme and colours
-use of positive and negative die cut
-shimmer

I watercoloured a panel with distress inks and spritzed with shimmer spray before die cutting my leaves. I added a bit of gold ep to the edges of the leaves and set them almost back into the negative space.

I used:
-Papertrey Leaf Silhouettes Dies
-Papertrey Wet Paint

7 comments:

  1. I love the crisp and fresh look of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful dramatic card Ardyth.
    Blessing
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I love the black stamping with the coloring "outline" embossing off-set! Just so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ardith,

    I really REALLY like your negative space, it really gives all the attention to your gorgeous golden leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, Ardyth. Love what you did by off-setting the leaves on the negative space. TY for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous modern and arty take on my card, Ardyth. Those offset gold leaves really pop, love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The black behind the golden leaves is striking! This is pretty!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.